Little Feet & Hands, Inc., through its specialties & therapeutic services, helps children achieve their full potential and:
- • Improve gross motor performance
- • Improve fine motor performance
- • Improve sensory responsiveness
- • Enhance life skills
- • Enhance perceptual processing
- • Communicate more effectively
- • Develop social skills
- • Enhance cognition
- • Develop self confidence
Following Part C of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) which states that early intervention services “are provided in natural environments, including the home, and community settings in which children without disabilities participate” (Sec. 632(4) (G), (H)), we strive to meet this requirement. Our therapists also provide services under Part B of IDEA and have a solid understanding of therapeutic services required to allow a child to optimize learning.
We treat a variety of diagnoses. Below is a list of the more common ones :
- • ADHD/ADD/Gifted
- • Apraxia
- • Arthrogryposis
- • Autism
- • Behavior Issues
- • Brachial Plexus
- • Cerebral Palsy
- • Developmental delays
- • Down's Syndrome
- • Dyspraxia
- • Gross motor delays
- • Handwriting
- • Lack of motor coordination
- • Neuromuscular disorders (Muscular Dystrophy, Spina Bifida, Etc.)
- • Oral Motor/Feeding and Swallowing Disorders
- • Pervasive Developmental Spectrum Disorder
- • Prematurity
- • Sensory Intergrative Disorders
- • Speech & articulation delays
- • Torticollis
- • Traumatic Brain Injury
- • Variety of genetic and congenital disorders
Your child’s individualized therapy session(s) will be discussed following the initial evaluation. A typical treatment session is unique to the child and coordinated with other disciplines as necessary.
Occupational Therapists identify and treat children who have challenges in the skills necessary for daily living.
Physical Therapists identify and treat problems with gross motor skills, movement patterns, gait/walking, positioning, and posture.
Speech-Language Pathologists identify and treat children with expressive and receptive language, articulation...
Special Instructors specializes in supporting and understanding the social, emotional and cognitive development.